About the Book: Overcoming Dyslexia, 2nd Edition
For Everyone Who Struggles to Read!
Clear, practical, science-based information and advice for successful results.
From Dr. Sally Shaywitz, one of the world’s preeminent experts on reading and dyslexia, the most comprehensive, up-to-date, and practical book available on identifying, understanding, and overcoming reading problems–now revised to reflect the latest research and evidence-based approaches.
Dyslexia is the most common learning disorder on the planet, affecting about one in five individuals, regardless of age or gender. Now world-renowned expert Sally Shaywitz gives us a substantially updated and augmented edition of her classic work: drawing on an additional fifteen years of cutting-edge research, offering new information on all aspects of dyslexia and reading problems, and providing the tools that parents, teachers, and all dyslexic individuals need. This new edition also offers:
- New material on the challenges faced by dyslexic individuals across all ages
- Rich information on ongoing advances in digital technology that have dramatically increased dyslexics’ ability to help themselves
- New chapters on diagnosing dyslexia, choosing schools and colleges for dyslexic students, the co-implications of anxiety, ADHD, and dyslexia, and dyslexia in post-menopausal women
- Extensively updated information on helping both dyslexic children and adults become better readers, with a detailed home program to enhance reading
- Evidence-based universal screening for dyslexia as early as kindergarten and first grade – why and how
- New information on how to identify dyslexia in all age ranges
- Exercises to help children strengthen the brain areas that control reading
- Ways to raise a child’s self-esteem and reveal her strengths
- Stories of successful men, women, and young adults who are dyslexic
Click here to order your copy today.